Saturday, March 31

Opening Night at SDFF

SDFF opened tonight at Kane Hall at the University of Washington.
Which is located right nearby the just lovely Suzzallo Library - it's right at the entrance from NE 15th and NE Campus Parkway - you can't miss it!


Check out two of our cheerful volunteers, just ready to go!

 Libby (in blue) is in charge of tickets. Any questions? See her - and Patty (in red) is the co-director of the festival - she's pretty much in charge of everything :)

I was really excited to grab up one of those shirts - GREAT design, and I will definitely be wearing it (tasteful design, great coloring). It's only $15. Bring cash and grab it up before it sells out~! This is Buddy Elledge - our design guy. Looking snazzy in the same shirt he designed. Go for it, you hottie! ;)
Okay, now we all got ourselves into the large auditorium to watch the two movies - Audism Unveiled and Dinig Sana Kita (If I Knew What You Said).  I really enjoyed both movies, and there was a fun panel after Audism  Unveiled, and we got to hear some terrific stories from Dan Burbaker, Ariele Belo and Lance Forshay (Thanks guys! I was the moderator of that panel. I was kind of nervous, but it went well!).  There will be another panel tomorrow for Prism - LGBT films - be sure to attend that one.






I managed to snag two moviegoers, and they were more than happy to share their opinion of Audism Unveiled - Check it out!



Afterwards, we all walked over to another building to enjoy the wine and cheese reception. I loaded up on cheese and crackers, then took this lovely picture - Deaf Culture in action - it always warms my heart :)



See you there soon!

Katie Roberts
Editor, What's Up Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment