Saturday, September 15

Restaurant Review: Regent Bakery & Cafe

Joshua Jones

It been a challenge to find a great Chinese restaurant in the Seattle area but you will want to check this place out after you read my restaurant review for Regent Bakery & Cafe.

Recently Regent Bakery & Cafe opened its second restaurant in Capitol Hill neighborhood. Their original restaurant is located in Redmond, Washington.  Regent Bakery & Cafe isn't just about Chinese baked goods, but they also offer a great selection of pastries from their bakery.  The atmosphere of Regent Bakery & Cafe is a very modern restaurant compared to many other Asian restaurants.
 
I ordered several plates from this restaurant to explore and compare Chinese foods with other restaurants I been to.  I ordered an appetizer, the Salt and Pepper Calamari.  It was lightly battered and stir-fried in a salt and pepper mix of chili peppers, ginger, garlic and green onions.  I was very impressed with how well seasoned the calamari is.  At beginning, I was hesitant to order this plate because I thought it might be too salty for me but I am really glad that I decided to go ahead and ordered this. 

Moving on to the second plate, I ordered Dumplings in Chili which is made of shrimp and pork wontons tossed with spicy peanut sauce.  It turned out really delicious. Unlike many Chinese restaurants, they were able to make it very well cooked and seasoned without making it "sloppy dumplings".  I also like how they made spicy peanut sauce. It worked well with dumplings.  Well done, Regent!
For our third plate, I ordered Regent's signature dish, Roasted Duck.  It is a slow roasted duck served with plum sauce.  It has two options for half or whole size of duck. I got the half size and didn't expect it would come this big as this picture showed!  However, it turned out really fantastic!  I love how well cooked this duck is and it melted in your mouth.  I also love how they made the plum sauce from scratch and it tastes great with roasted duck.  Since half size is little too big for one person but it is something you can share it with another person when you order this signature dish.  I am not sure how big whole size would be - probably the entire body of a duck!  It probably would be more reasonable to order the whole size of duck for a family of four or five.

Regent Bakery & Cafe offer a great selection of pastries.  I was blown away with so many choices from breads to cookies to cakes.  I ordered three different sweets, strawberry Danish, green tea mousse, and Asian style tiramisu.  Strawberry Danish was delicious! I wasn't impressed with their green tea mousse because it didn't taste like real mousse since the green tea kind of ruined the flavor of the rest of mousse.  I wasn't able to finish this dessert.  I was really pleased with their tiramisu.  I love how moist it was which made it much enjoyable.

I rate this restaurant, Regent Bakery & Cafe a four and half stars out of five stars.  Regent Bakery & Cafe is the best Chinese restaurant I have been to so far.  I highly recommend this restaurant if you appreciate high quality Chinese dishes plus pastries. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...great and nice blog thanks sharing. Thank you very much for this one. And I hope this will be useful for many people.. and I am waiting for your next post keep on updating these kinds of knowledgeable things...
    Online Cake Delivery Services in Indore

    Online Cake Delivery in Indore

    Cake Delivery Services in Indore

    ReplyDelete