Thursday, November 1

November 2012 Letter from the Editor


I'm really excited about this month's edition - when I arrived back from Europe, I was caught up in a whirlwind of events during the weekend of the Deaf Expo.   I found this cool video with John Macuere from ASLized. There was Ann Silver's book signing on Friday night at the Seattle Public LIbrary - Ryder's sharing his experience with us about that. Then after the ADWAS auction, there was Ryan Schlecht's "Vivacity of ASL" performance at the Theatre Off Jackson.

Credit: Jason Tang
I also finished that article about Paddy Ladd's visit to Seattle. He asked all of us to imagine a better world, and you'll read my response here. 

The end of the month didn't go out easily - Hurricane Sandy had us huddled around Facebook and our phones to keep in touch with loved ones. We are more than thrilled that the storm has passed, and we can begin to repair the damage.  I've also spent the last few days cracking up over the sign language interpreter jokes.  Lydia Callais, a CODA terp did a terrific job and gosh darn it, her interpreting WAS eyecatching.   I personally think it's hilarious, but here's another perspective on it.



Now, then there's the Presidental Election coming up next week! I think this may have been the most exciting fall I've had for a while. Oh, and it was Halloween yesterday.

That's in addition to all the other goods I have to share with you this month. Loren wrote about her Spotlight Studio, and I have two movie reviews to share with you along with a restaurant review!  deafREVIEW's submitted something about Madonna.  What a treat to attend one of her shows! 

I hope to be adding more things of interest this month :)


If you'd like to submit something, get in touch! :) 

whatsupblogds@gmail.com

Katie Roberts
Editor, What's Up Blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment